- I am currently working as a Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Suman Hospital, Ludhiana.
- I completed MBBS from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital in 1998 and was a gold medallist and received President’s award as best graduate in Final University Examination. Having completed my post-graduation in 2002 went on to obtain further certification from National Board, New Delhi and completed DNB in in May 2002.
- I have completed advanced training module -“Advanced Labour Ward Practice”- with RCOG, London. I provide care to women throughout the pregnancy in normal and high risk pregnancy and manage complex obstetric problems on outpatient basis and emergencies.
- I have developed my skills in the field of urogynaecology and vaginal surgery and have completed my advanced training with RCOG, London in these two areas.
- I was successful in obtaining a Consultant post in my first interview in the UK and worked as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for the three years till March 2013, at Harrogate and District Hospital, UK.As the Lead Consultant for Urogynaecology services at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust, I worked closely with the urologists, physiotherapists, community continence nurses and conducted urodynamics, to maintain and provide a cost effective and patient centred service.
- Having returned to India in April 2013, I started working as a Senior Consultant and head of the Department, at SPS Apollo Hospital, Ludhiana from April 2013 to September 2016. I successfully stabilised and grew this department in the three and half years that I worked there.
- I have been working at Suman hospital since September 2016. We have developed the urogyanecology department and laparoscopic gynae surgery services significantly at Suman Hospital in the last one and a half years. We now provide urodynamics, and, all surgical and medical treatments for urinary incontinence and uterovaginal prolapse under one roof.
- I have been keen in developing academically and have had the opportunity to present posters at national and international conferences both in general obstetrics and gynaecology and urogynaecology. I have been on review panel of British Medical Journal and abstract reviewer for international conferences also. I also actively participate in training courses for MRCOG held in India, by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK
- As a part of my endeavour to improving women health, I conduct many talks and organise sessions on health awareness amongst women in Ludhiana.