Major Gynecological Surgeries
Suman Hospital has modern equipped operation theatres where the surgeries are performed by skilled and qualified gynaecologists. Operating theatres meet all standards of sterilisation and use is made of latest equipment and technologies.
At Suman hospital we routinely perform all major gynaecology surgeries as follows:
- i. Hysterectomy (Removal of the uterus and cervix +/- removal of tubes and ovaries). Please refer to the hysterectomy section for more details.
- ii. Gynae cancer surgeries: Cancers of uterus, tubes, ovaries and cervix.
- iii. Surgeries for urinary incontinence (uncontrolled urine leakage)
- iv. Endometriosis
- v. Ovarian cysts
- vi. Surgery for prolapsed uterus
- vii. Surgery for prolapsed vaginal tissues
We offer various surgical services which include-:
- i. Colposcopy & Cervical Biopsy – Cervix is the lower, narrow end of the uterus located at the top of vagina. Colposcopy and Cervical Biopsy both are the diagnostic procedures, to check for any significant abnormalities of the cervix (pre-cancerous and cancerous conditions). Colposcopy is the procedure to examine magnified view of cervix and tissues of vagina and vulva whereas in cervical biopsy, small amount of tissue is removed from cervix for biopsy.
- ii. Dilation & Curettage – Dilatation & Curettage often referred to as D&C refers to the surgical clearing of the cavity and the lining of the uterus. This procedure is performed for treatment of an incomplete miscarriage or to check for abnormal cells in women with irregular vaginal bleeding. It is performed under a short anaesthesia and patients get discharged home on the same day.
- iii. Other diagnostic tests and procedures – These tests are performed to assess the presence of a disease and also detail the extent of problem. Other than laboratory investigations, in gynaecology and obstetrics, PAP Smears and Ultrasound scans are carried out routinely