Giving children the care they deserve
- Year 1979 “0″ levels MMC, Yola , Nigeria
- Year 1981,pre-medical,DAV, Chandigarh
- Year 1981 to 1986 ,MBBS –Christian Medical College,Ludhiana(Punjab), India.
- Declared Best Intern at CMCH and received the coveted Gold medal; Eileen RB snow gold medal at the convocation in 1987.
- I decided to pursue post-graduation in Pediatrics and completed Diploma m Child Health in 1989 and thereafter MD (pediatrics) in 1991 having completed my thesis on BCG vaccination under the guidance of Dr. Manorma Verma (MD,DCH).
- During my stay at CMCH,l gained valuable experience in all aspects clinical and lab.) of Pediatrics but was more inclined to work in the Department of neonatology.
- I was promoted to the post of lecturer soon after MD but declined and moved to New Delhi to gain experience. I joined Holy family hospital and then LNJPN ( lrwin ) Hospital in 1992 as senior resident where l had the privilege to work with Dr. Siddharth Ramji in the department of neonatology.
- In June 1993, l moved back to Ludhiana and started private practice at Suman Nursing Home.
- I was instrumental in setting up the present Suman Hospital, a forty odd bedded hospital at 537 , model town , Ludhiana.
- The areas of interest for me are tackling nutritional needs of Children and counselling parents for same.
- I see all types of cases of Pediatrics in the outpatient deptt. and run weekly clinics of Asthma and Seizure disorders.
- I have special interest in vaccinology and feel that preventive approach to child care holds the future for Child Health in our country.
- I keep abreast of latest advances in Pediatrics and Neonatology by attending conferences(National and international) and participate regularly and enthusiastically in CME’s.