Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Zeenie Sarda Girn
Senior Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- MBBS – DMC & H – 1998
- MD (Obs. & Gynae) – DMC & H – 2002
- DNB (NBE, N.Delhi) – 2002
- MRCOG (RCOG, UK) – 2005
- FICOG (ICOG, Mumbai) – 2018
- FRCOG (RCOG, UK) – 2018
- CCT (GMC-UK)
- High risk pregnancy
- Gynae-oncology (cancer treatment)
- Urogynaecology (prolapse and urinary incontinence)
- Laparoscopic surgery (hysterectonomy, fibroid and ovarian surgery)
Dr. Zeenie Sarda Girn
- I was successful in obtaining a Consultant post in my first interview in the UK and worked as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for the three years till March 2013, at Harrogate and District Hospital, UK.As the Lead Consultant for Urogynaecology services at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust, I worked closely with the urologists, physiotherapists, community continence nurses and conducted urodynamics, to maintain and provide a cost effective and patient centred service.
- Having returned to India in April 2013, I started working as a Senior Consultant and head of the Department, at SPS Apollo Hospital, Ludhiana from April 2013 to September 2016. I successfully stabilised and grew this department in the three and half years that I worked there.
- I have been working at Suman hospital since September 2016. We have developed and progress the urogyanecology department and laparoscopic gynae surgery services significantly at Suman Hospital in the last one and a half years. We now provide urodynamics, and, all surgical and medical treatments for urinary incontinence and uterovaginal prolapse under one roof.
- I have been keen in developing academically and have had the opportunity to present posters at national and international conferences both in general obstetrics and gynaecology and urogynaecology. I have been on review panel of reputed Journals and abstract reviewer for international conferences also. I also actively participate in training courses for MRCOG held in India, by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK.
- As a part of my endeavour to improving women health, I conduct many talks and organise sessions on health awareness amongst women in Ludhiana.